The two original wings of the college Calvin were built between 1558 and 1561, using different architectural techniques. The central building housed the classrooms and later a library. In the second, the schoolmaster’s apartment was situated on the first floor. In this wing the remarkable preservation of the elevated roof structure, the work of master craftsmen, will be exceptionally presented to the public on this edition of the European Heritage Days.
at 3.00 pm
at 10.30 am
Depuis la gare ligne bus 6, 8, 9, 10, 25 jusqu'à l'arrêt «Rive»
Presentation by Debra Kinson, cultural guide and Marc Jeannet, civil engineer and carpenter.
Limited capacity of 40 people
Registration on www.journeesdupatrimoine.ch from 30.8. to 9.9.
Coordination genevoise des Journées du patrimoine